Monday, August 3, 2009

Claire Victoria Strauss-Age 6
















Wow. Six years. I mean, really? She's my BABY girl. I've always thought of Megan as a big girl, but not Claire. Megan was always a little more grown up than her age, so seeing her grow up has been easier for me. But Claire will always be the chubby cheeked, wide eyed, drooling baby in my mind. From the time of her painless, effortless delivery, she was a perfect baby. Slept and ate well, rarely cried, easy to smile. Everyone always got a smile out of her and that always made me so proud. I know how good it makes me feel to get a smile out of a baby and I always loved that she did that for so many people. While she has grown far less agreeable and we joke that her looks are what keeps her living, I can't help but cry as I type out how much I adore this child that God has gifted to Eric and me. I can't fathom why I get to be her mother. As testy as she can be, that's how sweet and loving she is. Sometimes she truly can't stop herself from hugging and kissing you. She actually panics if she leaves someone she loves and thinks she might have forgotten to hug, kiss, and tell them she loves them. Thank you, God, for trusting me to be her mother. I hope I'm doing your will for her everyday.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

precious!!!! happy birthday claire-sey! the hufford's love you!