Thursday, July 2, 2009

Claire the graduate







My Clairesey is now a graduate, Kindergarten that is. We have been so blessed to have been able to send all our kids to our church's school, "God's Kids". The Kindergarten teacher there is AMAZING. I hope that Ian gets to be in her class too!
Claire did great during the ceremony. She sang all the songs and did all the moves, which is a big deal for her and her stubborn ways. The most touching part of the ceremony though was when they were marching in to Pomp and Circumstance, she saw my dad sitting on the aisle seat, stopped the entire processional, and said "hi, poppa!" followed by a big hug and kiss. I had done a good job of holding it together until that point. I couldn't help but think about how we started attending that church when I was pregnant with her, and now she can read, write, and is going to get on a bus this Fall. I can barely stand it.
I once again did the cake for the reception, which excites the kids when they see their name on the cake. I love that I can provide something that gives all the kids so much joy. Cake...so simple, so awesome.

No comments: