Friday, July 3, 2009

Fishers Freedom Fest
















Ahh, festivals. This is where Eric and I could NOT be more different. I live for Saturdays with booths full of crap I don't need, mullets, and funnel cakes. Eric, on the other hand, dislikes festivals so much that his personality changes while we're at them. He becomes surly, irritable, and edgy. Seeing as we can't miss out, for the kids' sake of course, I tolerate this behavior so we can participate in the small town wonder that is...A FESTIVAL!





This particular day was very busy. Megan had a birthday party to attend and Ian had a date with his beloved nite-nite, so Claire and I ventured off on the tandem bike alone. We had a wonderful time bike riding to "downtown" Fishers where we played at the playground, had ice cream, and watched the parade. Luckily, Eric with Ian and Megan in tow (quite literally...bike trailer) were able to join us shortly after the parade began. The kids and I thought it was great, and Eric lived.

No comments: