Wednesday, February 9, 2011

20 Questions, Marriage Style


A sweet friend of a friend posted this to her blog and I thought it was fun.


1. How long have you been married?

11 years on April 15th of this year


2. How long have you been together?

18 years June 24th of this year


3. Where did you go on your first date?

First date alone was Peking Inn for Chinese and then the movie So I Dated and Axe Murderer (still one of our top 10 faves)


4. Where did you go on your latest date?

We had lunch together at MCL two weeks ago. We're KER-RAZYYYYYY!


5. What's you anniversary date?

April 15th, 2000


6. Where where you married?

St Luke's United Methodist in Carmel, IN by my brother in law, Todd

and renewed our vows this past April 4th at East 91st St Christian Church (again by Todd)


7. What was your favorite wedding gift and from whom?

Two things : One was my canister set for my dishes from my friend Natalie that I nannied for. They were really expensive and I did NOT expect to get them. The other was a hair cutting kit from our crazy friend Vojin. We registered for it partly as a joke and he got it for us!


8. Where did you honeymoon?

Disney World


9. What food do you now like because of your spouse?

Sushi


10. What type of music do you like because of your spouse?

Pet Shop Boys, Moody Blues and Depeche Mode. And also Reggae


11. What TV program do you like now because of your spouse?

History channel documentaries


12. What is your favorite PG rated activity to do together?

Date nights at home where he cooks dinner and we watch a movie


13. Last gift you bought your spouse?

A Griswold family Christmas t shirt and a RAM brewhouse t shirt


14. Last gift they bought you?

GLEE cd!!


15. Favorite thing about your spouse?

I know lots of people say this about their own spouse, but he really his the kindest man I've EVER met. He is VERY good at loving me and our children.


16. Something you disagree about

He never remembers to put the seat back after he drives my car. But of course, he's usually charged my cell and filled my gas tank, so it doesn't matter.


17. Book that you both like?

I know it's cheesy, but the Bible. Other than that, not a single one.


18. Favorite shared experience.

Births of all our kids and our first Indy 500 win


19. One thing you want to do together in the future?

Retire early and travel the world


20. What makes a marriage last?

I would have to think that is different for every couple. For us, it's a foundation on Christ, a steadfast friendship, intimacy, trust, and humor.


Check out my friend Michelle's blog. She will inspire you in so many ways!





1 comment:

Michele said...

I *heart* you Tiffany! I really enjoyed reading all of your answers. I can't believe you've been together for 18 years and married for 11!!! Sometimes doesn't it feel like you've been together forever and other times it feels like you can't believe it's been that long. You are a stunning bride! Here's to many more happy years together :)